Friday, August 30, 2013

Finally Finished!

Once of my favourite things to do on cold wet days is to knit, so as I've been knitting a lot recently! But as much as I love to knit, I'm not overly fond of finishing off the garments. Some garments take a bit of work to complete, so every now and then I put down the needles and have a 'finishing' day and tackle a number of items all at once.

I've found that by putting an item aside for a while gives me fresh creativeness for the finishing detail ... adding just the right button, or making a flower or bow to complete the item.  Below are some of the items completed on my last 'finishing' day.


Hooded Scarves - both these Hooded Scarves have been knitted with a pure wool yarn.  They are heavy and warm .. perfect for winter.  The purple scarf is slightly wider, and has a rolled rim that nicely frames the face.
Hooded Scarf


Purple Hooded Scarf with Rolled Rim

Ruffle Scarves - these are beautifully elegant and can be worn in warmer seasons.  The Ruffle Scarves are long which adds flexibility on how they can be worn.  And each scarf has it's own metallic thread throughout, adding a touch of 'bling'!



White Ruffle Scarf with Silver Edge

Chunky Cowl - I must admit to loving chunky cowls!  They are warm, soft and fun to wear over winter. The one above is knitted in a soft non-allergic acrylic yarn, and has been decorated with a pink & white flower of the same yarn.  I've sewn the end together on this Cowl, so all you need to do is pop it over your head and adjust to your comfort.

Chunky Cowl

Tea Cosies - Yes, the photo below is of two 6-pot Tea Cosies. If you want to see an example of the tea cozy on a pot, click on the caption below the photo.  They look incredibly cute and will soon be available for 2-cup teapots as well.
6 Pot Tea Cozy

And I noticed today that my 'to be completed' box is growing again, so there will be another 'finishing' day coming up very soon!   Oh; and just a quick reminder that we still have a few items available in our Clearance Section that are 50% off the normal price.  Head on over and checkout if you are looking for gorgeous accessories at great prices!

2 comments: