Thursday, February 14, 2013

On the Needles

I've been knitting hats and a few of them.  The one on the needles is going to be another Pixie Hat that hopefully will soon be completed and available on our Website.  




The brown, orange and pink hats have been knitted in a lovely chunky yarn. Perfect for a cold winters day!

The blue hat has a cable edge, and was actually knitted in a beautiful Jade colour.  For some reason the colour green doesn't show well when photographed by me.  I've tried using different camera's but have had no success!  If anyone has any ideas on how to overcome this, feel free to let me know.

On a side note ... next week we are off to attend a 2 day market in the beautiful city of Rotorua.  I'm rather excited because although it's summer at the moment, Rotorua is a popular tourist spot.  And what better way is there to spend a day, than browsing a market that is situated next to a beautiful lake!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Julie! The red chenille on your needles makes me want to go knit *right now*. Hoope your time at the market is very successful, and very pleasurable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful hats! I checked out your shop, too :) I used to knit, and the chunky yard is a lot of fun to work with! I never got the hang of knitting in the round, though, so all my hats were stitched closed up the back... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hats are fabulous. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much :) I'll see if I can get some lovely pics of Rotorua so I can post when we get back. Jul's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you take the market by storm, and sell lots and lots of hats Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hats, and the market sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I wore hats and I wish I were there where it is summer to go to the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wore hats too! Before you know it; you will be in summer and we will be in winter again :)

      Delete