Friday, January 18, 2013

It's 2013!

Happy New Year!  A little late I know, but the last few weeks have been filled with old friends, new friends, friends from far away, family, renovations and all the fun things that Christmas breaks are filled with.  

Then to top off our break, my husband and I stayed at a lovely beach property with friends last weekend. Although we were only there for 2 days it felt more like a whole week.  Does everyone feel like that when they spend a couple of days at the beach?  

My laptop and knitting were left behind and were replaced with togs, towels and sunblock.   We swam, sunbathed, swam again, played card games until late and then repeated it all again the next day. It was bliss!

So much so, that for the past week as I've thought about my goals for the new year, it's been a struggle to get past the first one on my incomplete list ... spend more time at the beach!


I know that my list will grow and develop over the next few days.  Hopefully the one thing that I can tick off as completed in a few months is goal #1!  Have you already written down your plans for 2013? 

6 comments:

  1. Hubby and I recently spent time at the beach too! It was bliss! But, alas, it is time to write about the unfinished list and I have done that in my blog too!

    P.s. Visiting from Mid-Week blog blitz on the CAST team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Linda - so pleased I'm not the only one with unfinished lists :)

      Delete
  2. Have not thought about goals for this year.....taking it one day at a time and winging it! The beach sounds good to start though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good topic! We are working on our character goals and shop goals for the next year, too. Focusing on reaching on the 200 item mark is high on our shop's list, as is consistent blogging and pinning.
    ~ Handiworkin' Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioned a couple of goals I should add. "Consistent blogging" especially!

      Delete
  4. We are still working on goals. I plan to have written goals so I can look back and review my progress.

    ReplyDelete