Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Knitting for Christmas

My blog has been a little neglected lately, due to a number of projects I've been busy working on.  One project was to start preparing for a couple of Christmas markets coming up at the end of next month.

Since it's spring here in NZ I've decided to steer away from scarves and hats, and knit a few novelty items that aren't seasonal, but would make great gifts ... not just for Christmas but for all year around.

Hair Clips

What little girl doesn't love something pretty in her hair?  The Bow clips are complete, but the flower clips  each need a little rhinestone inserted in the middle.  The plan is to knit as many bright colours as I can find in my stash of yarn!
 

Tea Pot Cozies

These cozies have been knitted for a 6 cup teapot, and smaller ones (for a 2 cup pot) will be available as well.  Making these has been really enjoyable. My favourite is the 'face' as it wasn't planned, and just kind of looked that way when I first placed it on the pot.  Cute eh?!


Coffee Cozies

Coffee Cozie Gift Sets
I'm also knitting some extra Coffee Cozies Gift Sets, - these make fantastic gifts for those who love their takeout coffee. You can fill the little bag with yummy goodies, and when the goodies have all gone the bag can be used to carry small personal items in.   There is a selection of coffee cozies and gift sets (like the one pictured above) already available on our Website and in our Etsy shop.

Okay, so what do you think?  I'd really love some feedback.  Also, feel free to leave a comment and let us know what new items you are planning to offer to Christmas Shoppers.

Have a fabulous week!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the red tea cozy! I have never seen one before. Perfect Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little hair clips! I LOVE your tea post cosies! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sage green and blue teapot cozy - would fit right into my family room!

    ReplyDelete