Saturday, October 20, 2012

Discovered: My Sisters Hope Chest

If I wasn't so busy knitting, the crafts I'd love most to get into are making cards or scrapbooking.  So naturally, these are the items that attract my attention when I'm browsing Etsy, Pinterest and blogs.  While looking around recently I came across My Sisters Hope Chest, and instantly feel in love with the items there, and the shop's creator (Liz) has kindly agreed to tell us a little about herself.  


Please tell us a little about yourself:  

I am from Michigan originally, but have lived in the Chicago area for the last 8 years. Five years ago I married the love of my life, Andy; we have a crazy dog named Jackson, and a house that is a continuous project. I work full-time in the field of publishing, and I love it! When I'm not working or trying to keep up with life, I am working on projects and scrapbooks. You can read more about my projects over at my blog http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/.



What/who inspires you in your creative process? 

I love spending time with family and friends, I also love pictures of those times with family and friends. That's what inspires my projects. I like to create scrapbooks that will showcase all the pictures of those special times.


What is your favourite thing to make / sell? 

I love making scrapbooks!


What’s your favourite item currently in your shop?  

My two favorite items are the Autumn Leaves Scrapbook:



and my Upcycled Travel Journal:




What are your hobbies outside of crafting?  

I love spending time with my husband and family and friends. I also love to read, and I enjoy running and being outside - especially in the fall!


If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go & why?  

I would love to go to Ireland. My mom's family is Irish and I hear is absolutely beautiful there!


Don't forget to visit Liz's blog - Here's to Handy Andy Blog, to find out about all the fabulous projects Liz is working on.  And that's so much Liz, your items are gorgeous!  

5 comments: