Friday, August 17, 2012

Nostalgic Moments

Over recent years I've organised a charity knitting group, which has meant lots of wool, needles, patterns and unfinished projects donated for the ladies to knit.  

Since finishing my full-time job a couple of months ago, I've had a chance to sort through the excess bits and pieces we've received and I've found some pretty cool stuff ... things that I'd really love to share with you over the coming weeks.  


I found this Beret pattern in an old pattern book - unfortunately there wasn't a date in the book but my guess is it's from the 1960's.  Isn't that just the cutest face? I'm not so sure if I like the beret, but I love those cheeks!   

The pattern called for 'fingering yarn' which I'd not heard of before.  Apparently it's referring to yarn of a certain weight, and is often called sock yarn.  The needle size means this beret would be soft and delicate ...just suitable for this cute little one!


3 comments:

  1. How fun to have time to peruse through old patterns. I like the little beret pattern very much. I have a number of old crochet and knit patterns that I value very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother still knits socks using her mother's pattern, which was a pattern to knit socks for the soldiers in WW1. They are very comfy socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the beret and such a nice idea about the charity knitting group!

    ReplyDelete