Thursday, July 19, 2012

Handy Hubby!

I must admit it's been very enjoyable attending local Craft Markets over the past few months.  It's been great getting to know new people, and to see all the creative goodness that is on display in our lovely city.

One thing that really impressed me at the markets was other crafter's amazing display stands.  Mine was looking a bit sad (just everything laid out on the table), so I enlisted the help of my lovely handy hubby to find a way to display our products better.  And this is what he came up with:

Display easel for Scarves

Loaded with Scarves

New Display for ... 
Fingerless Mittens!

And lastly ....
Headbands display
He's done a great job eh?  So now my table doesn't look as boring as it did before, and I've noticed a lot more people stopping to look at the scarves or to finger the headbands.

And if you live locally and have some free time this Saturday (21st), how about stopping by and saying hi!  We will be at the St Heliers Market, Tamaki Ex-Services Assoc Hall, Cnr Turua & Polygon Rd from 10am - 3pm.  I'd love to see you there!


11 comments:

  1. I love the headbands display , very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! He must be very handy to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work hubby! I like the headbands one the best. It really does help to have the display at different levels. I wish I could come and say hi at your market day, maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a handy hubby!! Very cool displays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inventive. I especially like the fingerless glove stands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple but so cute and effective. Good job, hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...a great job. I've been noticing that the displays at craft fairs are becoming quite elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they look fantastic Julie!

    I too have a new display I'm debuting at a market tomorrow. Hope yours goes great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're much more effective at the markets Julie ... I could see peoples eyes caught by them as they were walking past yesterday. They definitely attract more attention when they're at eye level. Well done to your hubby .... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. I think they have turned out great, and hubby is pretty happy too ... plus he loves all the comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great work from your handy hubby. I am waiting for mine to make a rack for me to display my bags. Hopefully coming soon!

    ReplyDelete