Monday, June 11, 2012

Discovered: Patchwork Family Art


Recently I discovered a wonderful shop on Etsy called Patchwork Family Art.  The shop's owner has a heart for families, which is reflected beautifully in her artwork.  Below Ruth-Mary shares a little about herself and her work:

Mother & Baby

• Please tell us a little about yourself 
My name is Ruth-Mary and I'm wife to a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful daughters. I am a mum through overseas adoption, natural  birth and foster care. I count my blessings every day!

I live in Sydney' northern beaches Australia. Apart from my creative business, currently I work one day a week in the preschool attached to my daughters school.

• What/who inspires you in your creative process?
I am inspired by motherhood and my love of vintage. I like to combine these into the things that I create. I use my vintage sheet stash as inspiration for beautiful flowers.

• What is your favourite thing to make / sell?
Painting, painting , painting- love it and feel a sense of loss if I know it will be a few days till I will have time to do it. I have lots more ideas than I have time to create so if hubbie and I get a night to relax in front of the tv, I sit there with my journals and scribble away.

• What’s your favourite item currently in your shop?
Wow I'm battling a bit with this one, but I guess I would probably pick " Bunny Prayers" as a sentimental favourite.


Bedtime Prayers


• What are your hobbies outside of crafting?
To be honest with a hubbie, 3 girls ( one with special needs), a job and my creative business I don't really get that much other hobby time. If I had more time free I would love to do more thrifting through vintage stores and markets which I love to do but don't often get the chance.

• If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go & why?
We have been saving for 3 years for a trip to Taiwan to take my eldest daughter and show her her country of birth. We are hoping to go early next year . Apart from that I have a secret longing to visit France but may have to store that one up for many more years!!  


Typewriter


Head on over and visit Patchwork Family Art's shop - it can be found here  or if you'd like to follow the blog, click here.   Thanks so much for sharing your art with us Ruth-Mary, and I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

7 comments:

  1. very pretty, thank you for sharing...ope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth Mary's work is so very sweet and lovely! It just touches my heart. :) Wonderful feature, I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to meet you Ruth-Mary. I enjoyed your shop so much. My favorite it the Kissing Puppy art print - so very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shop Ruth-Mary and joined your blog! Thank you Julie for introducing us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joined Ruth-Mary's blog too. I so love to read shop features!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Julie, for introducing Ruth-Mary to us!! Lovely work!!

    Came from Etsy Blog team, following you both now!

    ReplyDelete