Monday, November 14, 2011

Market Day

I've been busy the past few weeks preparing for my first ever craft market as a seller. The market was organised by our church for those crafters in the church to showcase their creations.

At first I wasn't sure if our stall would be very interesting ... after we are going into summer here in Auckland so there isn't much need of scarves, mittens and beanies. So for me it was a bit of a challenge to create something that would attract people to my stall in this warmer weather.


So I decided to make some headbands. And to be honest, they went down rather well with those who stopped by my stall. One lady actually went home to get money to buy a particular headband for her daughter to wear at a performance that evening! Here are some samples, and you can find more on my Facebook Page.



And people are surprising ... I also sold some beanies and ear-warmers.

Now the challenge is on again as we have another market day the second week of December. So, if you can think of anything that I could knit between now and then, feel free to leave a comment ... I'd really appreciate any thoughts!

12 comments:

  1. They are pretty. I love the first one.

    http://evescrochet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful items!
    -Shannon from Baruch's Lullaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you. It is always a great feeling to have a successful day at a craft event. Your items are very cute. I really like the green headband with the flower. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Sometimes simple things are best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those headbands look really cute! Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute, no wonder they sold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the last one- the green one. Super cute! I love headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the green headband. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the dark green!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely! Glad you did well!

    ReplyDelete