Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

How have you spent the last few weeks? Our time has been focussed on relaxing with family and friends, which is quite easy to do on these hot, balmy summer days. For me it's been a time of refreshing, strengthening and laughter! I've realised how many wonderful people we have in our lives and am thankful for their love and friendship. Here are some of the highlights for me:
  • Christmas Carols and Light displays on Christmas eve. So wonderful to celebrate the birth of Jesus with our church family then to drive around the city to view decorative light displays

  • My mum coming to stay. She's 75 and we hadn't seen her for over a year. Chatting about the family and old days was so much fun

  • BBQ's with friends. Staying up late, sitting outside on the deck, chatting and solving the world's problems while trying to avoid mosquito's ... prefect!

But alas ... holidays cannot last forever. My husband went back to work this morning, and I have exactly 12 days before I head back to the office. So, the next couple of weeks for me will be about Maxies Knitwear - planning and preparing for 2011. To be honest I'm really exciting as it's going to be a great year.

So, below is a little 'taster' of things to come for this year. It's a new item that will be in our shops very soon ... can you guess what it is?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. My guess is a neck warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Stopping by from Link Love - looking forward to your return follows @ www.havingfunsaving.com
    Take care,
    Tracy
    LOVE that pink scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good guess PFD, but not quite right ... they are fingerless mittens - http://www.zibbet.com/MaxiesKnitwear/artwork?artworkId=260589

    Hi Tracy, love you blog :-)
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas! I'm following you from the CAST team on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete