Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finally catching up ...

I made a promise to myself before we went away last month ... that upon our return I'd be more diligent in posting on this blog. We've been home 2 weeks now, and this is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and write.

Our trip was amazing; it was wonderful to spend time with our most favourite children. We spent 10 days cuddlying, playing, sharing giggles and being climbed over ... amongst other more practical aspects. What a fantastic way to spend our holidays!

Hubby and I also had a chance to relax for a few days in Beijing before coming back - it was fun to walk the streets, shop, relax ... even though it was freezing. The funniest thing of all - I had to purchase a scarf and pair of gloves! Yes; it was so cold; I couldn't get warm so caved-in for the sake of my sanity. Not handmade and gorgeous like Maxies (of course!), but practical and incredibly warm. It's a shame that probably the only time they will get any use is when we are in Beijing, as it doesn't quite get cold enough in Auckland.

Since we've been back, I've spend some time listing a few new items in my shop. Feel free to click on the link to either Etsy or Zibbet to go and see some lovely new winter gear. They would also make great gifts for Christmas, which reminds me ... I hope to be back in a few days with links to gorgeous handmade crafts for you to see. Maybe they will inspire you as you start thinking about the fast approaching gift-giving season. How does that sound?

So maybe I will be able to post more often eh?! I'm off now to start searching for some gorgeous pic's to show you - enjoy the rest of your weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back from vaca. Glad I found your blog. Thanks, by the way, for entering our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I definitely know how it is with the blogging. I'm always saying that I need more time so that I can actually post! I think I've just resigned myself to being a 2-6 times a month kind of girl, haha. Glad the vacation went well! I have always wanted to go to China (and after living in Japan, kicking myself for not doing it then!)

    -Christina (http://www.umeorigami.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Renee & Christina :-)
    Lol Christina ... 2-6 times a month; gulp!! I've never been to Japan but I imagine it's hugely different to China.

    ReplyDelete